Monday, February 15, 2010

2 Year Well Check

Payton had his 2 yr well-baby check today. He was 33.5 inches tall and weighs 27#. He was in the 35% and 25% respectively. Dr Amy wants to weigh him in a few months to make sure he's gaining weight appropriately, but isn't worried b/c she saw how active he was at the office and says he's burning every calorie he takes in. I guess we'll be putting ice cream in with his fruit smoothies now :)

Dr Amy was impressed with his vocabulary, particularly when he was pointing out colors on the toy ambulance in the exam room! I guess I'm doing a better job than I thought!! Unfortunately, today's visit also called for shots. He got his MMR and Hep A. Payton always does better than I do. I'm always near tears (the extra hormones don't help right now) and he only cried during the actual pokes. I had a sucker waiting for him as soon as Nurse Sarah was done. He was pretty happy and forgot what had even happened 5 seconds later. And just when I think "Oh good, he's done with shots until he starts school"....Baby sister is just getting started! Oh well.

No comments: