Friday, March 15, 2013

December

December brought more snow. I found some cheap kids ski's on Craigslist and the kids had fun taking turns with them. Erik and I were invited to his company's 60th anniversary/Christmas party in Ketchikan and were able to ditch the kids with Nana for our first ever getaway. The party also coincided with my birthday, so I just pretended the party was for me :-) We clean up pretty nice! Aunty Hoho and Joel bought the kids a gingerbread house. I only had one condition, they had to help build it!! I volunteered in Payton's preschool class right before Christmas break. Madge thought it was the best thing ever as she got to come along and be a preschooler just like her brother! Christmas break brought bunny sitting! My sweet friend Janalynn, who is a teacher, has a classroom rabbit and knew my kids had been begging for one for Christmas, so we compromised and she let us keep Italics (we called her bun-bun) for the two weeks over break. I think Italics had a great time. She got over her shyness real fast and made herself right at home. I love the picture of Payton trying to protect his apple from the curious bunny!

No comments: