Saturday, September 29, 2012

September

In September my sister Amber and her two girls came up for an extended visit. Since the tram is a favorite of my kids, we took them all up there and went for quite the hike! Amber and I guesstimated we hiked about 3 miles. The kids were determined to find snow!! Sadly the only pictures I took up on the mountain were of the kids climbing on a tree.
Out at the glacier, there is a raised walkway over a salmon stream that is frequented by bears. While we didn't see any bears, the kids had a great time running around....maybe that's why we didn't see any....
Payton started his second (and last!) year of preschool. He really was excited to go despite the look on his face.
The kids' favorite thing to do was ride the little 4-wheeler. Luckily it only goes about 5 mph, which is good, cause I think if it went faster I'd have a lot of gray hairs!!
A few years ago, when the girls were up last, my parents and Erik took all the kids out to a little rocky island that they have lovingly named Princess-Diamond-Sparkle-Pirate Island. They "buried" a treasure there and so we went on a family outing to go see if it was still there.
Mackenzie made a flag to put on the Princess-Diamond-Sparkle-Pirate island to claim it.
Claiming the island for their own!!
To everyone's amazement, the treasure was still there!!!!

No comments: